200 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training in India
Maharishi Patanjali, the great expounder of yoga, has divided the human body into five parts:
1. The Physical body
2. The Vital body (Pranamayakos)
3. The Mental body ( Manomayakos)
4. The Consciousness body (Vigyanmayakos)
5. The Spiritual body (Anandmayakos)
• Internationally certified yoga teacher training in India registered with Yoga Alliance, USA.
• Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, also known as the yoga capital of the world.
• Yoga teacher training course specially designed for beginners, intermediate and advanced level yoga students.
• An intensive yoga teacher training course taught by yoga teachers who are firmly rooted in tradition yet contemporary in their vision & communication.
• Inexpensive yoga teacher training in India - US$ 1600 including food & accommodation (private room with attached bath).
• Residential facility amidst ashram surroundings yet not far from the city.
• Loving and caring support team.
• Opportunity to experience Indian culture and tradition.
• Introduction of Yoga, its meaning and definitions from various authentic scriptures (Aagama). Gradual development in yoga.
• Difference between exercise and yoga.
• Brief introduction of yoga and Sankhya philosophy.
• Ashtanga yoga – mainly yama, niyama, asana and pranayama.
• Human anatomy and physiology with respect to various yogic practices.
• Teaching methodology – ethics, qualities and characteristics of the yoga teacher.
• How to learn yoga instead of how to teach.
• Class management.
• 05:30 am - Wake Up
• 06:00 am - Herbal Tea
• 06:15 am - Shatkarma/Yogic cleansing
• 06:30 am - Pranayama and Chanting
• 07:30 am - Yoga Therapy| Yoga Asana
• 09:00 am - Breakfast
• 10:30 am - Yoga Therapy
• 11:30 am - Yoga Philosophy
• 12:30 pm - Lunch
• 03:30 pm - Yoga Anatomy
• 04:30 pm - Yoga Breathing | Yoga Nidra
• 05:00 pm - Hatha/Ashtanga Yoga Asana
• 06:45 pm - Pranayama | Meditation
• 07:15 pm - Dinner
• 10:45 pm - Lights Out
• The day begins with the daily regimen (Dincharya) and the ancient code of conduct. Activities are planned according to the seasonal code of conduct (Ritucharya). The concept of behavior chemistry (Achar- rasayan) is the concept that students are expected to imbibe.
• Maharishi Patanjali prescribed certain rules of how a person is expected to act in society (Yama) and how personal code and conduct (Niyama) is the expected and essential behavior for individuals to follow. We at the Samatva Yogalaya expect this behavior terminology to be understood and practiced sincerely and honestly by all students to the best extent possible.
• Before students register for the yoga teacher training they must be aware that this traditional teaching will differ from that of the west. There could even be a fundamental difference in the understanding of the yogic path as that which is taught in the yoga schools in the west.
• Modified exercises that go by the name of yoga are frowned upon by Samatva Yogalaya and so only those students must apply for the course who are willing to commit to the strict regimen of the school.
Code of Conduct
• Discipline is an integral part of the training program and so the course routine must be strictly observed.
• Disrespect to rules and regulations could result in the termination of studentship with no refund of fee.
• Absenting oneself from the scheduled program without prior permission of the teacher or manager concerned would be construed as a gross breach of discipline.
• A student must intimate in advance if they intend to forgo a meal so that there is no wastage of food.
• The school does not make arrangements for guests of students. Any activity that is not related to the course is not permitted.
• Ensure you are on time for class or you will not be permitted to enter any class once it has commenced.
• Before departure from the school, students must pay all dues and return all library books.
• Smoking and alcohol are not permitted during training.
All aspirants are advised to carefully consider the time and resources required for the course before forwarding the application for the teacher training course. The deposit submitted with the application is not refundable. However, in case of emergencies and other unavoidable exigencies management of Samatva Yogalaya at its discretion permits students to go for any other forthcoming course. We, therefore, recommend that all applicants carefully examine their upcoming obligations so that they may be able to devote their full attention to the teacher training program.