Accounting Fundamentals and Xero
Course dates 4 days of 2 months: 5th of March, 12th of March, 30th of April, 7th of May with the class finishing at 4.30pm this day
Comprising both theory and practical this course will give you a sound introduction to the accounting concepts that are the framework for all accounting software packages plus practical training using Xero online training files.
You will progress through the theory of accounting with practical exercises and examples for you to cement your understanding of the concepts being taught. Then you move onto the Xero two days of processes being taught by your accredited trainer.
Those starting a business and people wanting to work in the accounts area will find this course a great way to learn about Xero accounting software and bookkeeping for small to medium-sized businesses. Participants find that using the Xero software with hands-on data entry prepares them for the working environment. A certificate of completion will add a valued skill set to your CV.
- Know the basic concepts of manual bookkeeping
- Understand accounting terminology
- Account groups and rules – using T Accounts and 3 Column Accounts
- GST & Tax Codes
- Manually reconciling a bank account
- Apply bookkeeping concepts to Xero
- What Xero can and cannot do
- Users and access for privacy
- Setting up and managing Accounts Payable and Receivables
- Importing a bank file into Xero
- Reconciling and balancing from the bank statement to the Xero bank account
- Using auto coding and bank rules for one-click transfer to the correct account
- Changing email and invoice templates
- Viewing and checking reports in Xero
- Set up recurring transactions
- Processing prepayments
- Correcting mistakes & balancing Accounts Receivable & Payable
- Correctly preparing & balancing the BAS
- Lock periods and security of access for users
- Customising reports and compliance
- Tips and Tricks for better record keeping
Q & A
Bring along your email address and be able to access that email from your phone or online. This will enable your to set up your own Xero demo file and use it again for the second training session.
Upon completion of this course participants can progress to our other listed Xero courses or decide to undertake our nationally recognised FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping.