During the comprehensive 2-day course, there is enough time to cover all the necessary information and it allows couples to discuss the options and ask questions. Topics include:
* The physiology of pregnancy and birth: what is happening to my body.
* The differences between a vaginal birth and C-section.
* Signs of labour and when to go to the hospital.
* Breastfeeding: Establishing a routine, breastfeeding problems and how to deal with them, taking care of your breasts, breastfeeding diet.
* Choosing the right formula for your baby and how much does your baby need.
* Postpartum changes: Recognising what is normal and when to seek help.
* Practical skills: bathing of the baby, burping and changing of the nappy.
*Packing of the hospital bag.
Cost: R2200 per couple
Cedar Avenue, Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa