CANCELLED - Transfer Training
The course is open to nurses (ICU and ED), doctors, paramedics and ODPs from North East North Central London Adult Critical Care Network member organisations *.
North East North Central London Adult Critical Care Network runs regular training on how to transfer a very ill patient safely across London, and has been endorsed by the Royal College of Anaesthetists by 5 CPD points. It also gives you the opportunity to meet your colleagues from the Critical Care teams across our Network.The course includes lectures and workshops on the following subjects:
The course includes lectures and workshops on the following subjects:
- Transfer of the Critically Ill Patient
- Why worry about transfers?
- What are the reasons for patient transfer? What can go wrong?
- Physiological effects of transfer
- Pre-transfer stabilization
- Transfer of patients with head injuries and major trauma video
- Medico-legal aspects of transfers
- Transfer documentation audit
- Acute liver emergencies
- Communications / Crisis Resource Management
- Aortic emergencies film
- Ambulance workshop
- Oxylog workshop
- Equipment workshop
- Cardiac case base discussions
- Neuro case base discussions
* Barnet Hospital, Queens National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, North Middlesex University Hospital, Royal Free Hospital, University College Hospital, Whittington Hospital, Homerton Hospital, King George’s Hospital, Newham University Hospital, Queen’s Hospital, St Bartholomew’s Hospital, The Royal London Hospital, Whipp’s Cross University Hospital, The London Clinic.