What you need to know about Casual Employment
What you need to know about casual employment
As you may know, AMA (NSW) holds a series of seminars across the year on Employer Essentials: Contracts and Fair Work Act Compliance. During the course of these seminars, there has been significant interest from employers about further information on casual employees. In response to this demand, and in light of recent regulatory and case developments, we have now created a 90 minute seminar on what you need to know about casual employment. If you employ casual employees at your practice, we encourage you to attend this session!
Participants will learn about:
· Casual employees under the Fair Work Act
· Casual employment under Modern Awards, including casual conversion
· The risks of employing long term casuals, including the decision in
Workpac v Skene
· The AMA (NSW) casual contract, and how to access it
7:45 am - 8:00 am
Registration: Arrival tea/coffee & light breakfast
8:00 am - 9:30 am
AMA House is very close to St Leonards train station or buses along the Pacific Highway. Nearby street parking is mostly 2hr metered and is very limited as there is a lot of construction happening in the area, however there are two carparks where you can pre-book a space:
- operate casual car parking spaces in our building (69 Christie Street, ST LEONARDS) for $13 per day. Please make sure that you only park in Park Monkey labelled spaces as cars incorrectly parked do get clamped/towed.
- almost opposite our building.
There is a refundable $50 booking fee for this event for AMA (NSW) Members.
Your credit card will be deducted at the time of booking but you will receive a refund 3-5 days after your attendance. You will also receive a refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the workshop (ie earlier than 5:00 pm on Tuesday, 11 June 2019).
Cancellations can be made via phone to AMA (NSW) Event Coordinator Jenni Noble on 9902 8140 or email email@example.com
Refunds will not be provided if you do not let us know you will not be attending or advise us after 5:00 pm on Tuesday, 11 June 2019.
This event will only proceed if we reach a viable number of registrations prior to Friday 7 June 2019. Should the event not proceed because of low registration numbers, all payments will be refunded. Please contact us before booking non-refundable / non-transferable flights or accommodation.