Choosing Life - A Suicide Intervention (SYD)
Sponsored by Neuro Balance.
This PD will provide, all health practitioners with the necessary skills assist a client who is suicidal.
If you feel uncertain about what to do and how to intervene and help your client Choose Life, this training is for you.
If you work with people who are struggling with issues and they can't see a way out ... This program will equip you with foundational knowledge and skills like no other suicide intervention or prevention workshop.
Once you complete this one day intensive training, you will, Master how to…
- Increase your awareness of suicide clues;
- Find prevention opportunities clients may not see;
- Open the discussion with clients about suicide;
- Help clients move towards safety and facilitate links with further help from family, friends and professional helpers as needed.
This intensive 1-day program developed by Richard Hill of the MindScience Institute, an expert in the Dynamics of Human Behaviour will walk you through:
- What is suicide? - phenomenology, statistics, myths and mysteries - The Pathway of Harm and the Pathway of Care.
- Risk factors - mental health factors, including depression, psychosis, bipolar, personality disorders - what medication says about a person's neurobiological state - role and impact of the media.
- Protective factors - understanding of risk factors and protective factors.
- Practical activity - Building local resource.
- Review of theoretical underpinnings - Psycho-neuro-biology of connectedness.
- For Life Program - client/practitioner relationship - effects of chronic stress - curiosity oriented approach - effects of lifestyle practices.
- Practical exercises - responding to overt / covert / and implicit client behaviours - Explanation of Assessment Chart.
- Dealing with affected family, friends and helping professionals - how to integrate this program with various therapeutic techniques.
These skills will assist you when working with clients at risk of suicide and serious self-harm, YOU can help them Choose Life.
Learn how you can help save lives!
You will receive:
- A PDF of the slide notes.
At the end of the PD event, you will have the opportunity to learn more about:
NeuroAssess the flagship online intake and assessment software program developed by Neuro Balance.
Meet Your Facilitators...
Susan Sandy is a relationship counsellor in private practice in Melbourne. She brings to the training room many years of experience in counselling both in her own business and in her work with the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development in Victoria. Working with both individuals and groups, Susan's speciality is relationship counselling. She is a practitioner and teacher of the 8-Color-Test and is one of the founders of the NeuroAssess tool, an online and app platform that assesses the suicide risk of clients for mental health practitioners.
Shane Warren is a registered psychotherapist, certified clinical supervisor, certified practicing hypnotherapist and certified practicing coach working in private practice from rooms in Sydney, Singapore and Hong Kong. He brings to the training room over 21-years of facilitation in personal and professional development programs. Shane is a practitioner and teacher of the 8-Color-Test and is one of the founders of the NeuroAssess tool, an online and app platform that assesses the suicide risk of clients for mental health practitioners.
Certification will be issued through NeuroBalance and professional development points are available with a number of related professional associations.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
There are not age limits to participate in this event. We encourage participants to bring a business card to exchange, but ID is not required for registration.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The event is held in a CBD location so transport options vary and car parking is typically a challenge - we encourage participants to explore public transport options.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Bring yourself. We provide you with a document wallet, note book and a pen. Participants packs are provided but hey it's always nice to have your own things with you...
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
The organisers can be contacted through this page or directly by clicking here.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Your ticket cannot be transferred for cash, but if you can not make it, someone else in your team may like to join the discussion on your behalf. We are happy to accept that person just shoot us a quick note to advise the registration team at the event.
Can I update my registration information?
At any time.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
This is helpful but we have modern technology that means we can accept you without the ticket.
What is the refund policy?
The ticket is non-refundable, however we can reschedule you to another date at any time if you or a colleague cannot attend.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Sure if you can not make the event and give the ticket to another member of your team - that is cool - we ask to help with the registration process shoot us an email confirming this arrangement.
This PD Event is Endorsed by: