Concrete E X P A N D E D @ no.10 : 4 April - 9 May 2020
Gallery CLOSED | Open by Apointment Only | see website for online gallery
Concrete E X P A N D E D considers the affects of colour, design, pattern and shape through works of geometric abstraction. It takes part in a conversation about an ongoing artistic concern with Minimalist and Concrete Art in the new millennium. It playfully suggests an expansion of the genre of Concrete Art that initially had a vibrant local explosion on the streets of Fremantle in the early 2000’s.
In Concrete E X P A N D E D large-scale, hard edged, minimal, abstract and pure colour paintings are joined by, three-dimensional wall-works, actual concrete sculptures and light sculptures. Together these works coalesce and converse in philosophical questions of form, aesthetic experience and existence.
Included are both works from the Janet Holmes à Court Collection and works from invited artists available for purchase.
ARTISTS: Consuelo Cavaniglia, Jennifer Cochrane, Janenne Eaton, Robert Hunter, Brian McKay, Trevor Richards, Douglas Sheerer, Helen Smith, Trevor Vickers, Josh Webb.
During the exhibition period of Concrete E X P A N D E D : 4 April – 9 May 2020 and in response to a rapidly changing Covid-19 situation, Holmes à Court Gallery @ no.10 will be CLOSED, however open by appointment only. To book an appointment please email:
- We have CANCELLED all non-essential public gatherings, including openings, talks and public programs.
- We are developing alternative ways to experience our exhibitions, with an increased emphasis on online engagement.
- We are adopting vigilant disinfecting and cleaning practices.
- Frequent hand washing with soap and use of hand sanitiser.
- If coughing or sneezing please cover mouth/nose with a tissue or the crook of your elbow.
- Avoiding physical contact and maintaining social distance.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Staying home if you are unwell, have a cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Self-isolating if you have recently returned from travelling for a minimum of 14 days.
We thank you for your ongoing support and passion for the arts.
Holmes à Court Gallery @ no.10
Douglas Street, West Perth WA 6005
P. 61 8 6217 2640 F. 61 8 6217 2645