Education Perfect Innovate & Collaborate 2019 Conference - Sydney
Join us at our first Australian EPIC conference!
We’re incredibly excited to announce EPIC Conference, Education Perfect’s Innovate and Collaborate full-day conference being held in Sydney on 15th August 2019.
Renowned education leader,
These interactive, workshop style sessions are an ideal complement to the ongoing support that we offer in school, with a focus on a specific pedagogy with practical guidance on how to achieve this through the use of Education Perfect.
Teachers will be sent a PLD Certificate that can be used as hours towards teacher-identified professional development for NESA Accreditation on completion. This conference contributes to 5.5 teacher identified professional development hours.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative payment options
Venue: Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
- Wynyard Train Station - 500 metres
- Martin Place Train Station - 300 metres
- Circular Quay Ferry - 700 metres
- Wilsons Car Parking - specially discounted conference parking rate $53 per car p/d.
Time/date: (8:30 registration) 9:00am-3:45pm Thursday August 15th 2019
Teachers may select three of the following (one from each session):
- How to navigate effective differentiation (Session 1A): Incorporating differentiation into your teaching can be one of the most challenging yet high-impact ways to help students. Education Perfect recognises that the one-size-fits-all approach is not appropriate in the modern classroom. In this session will explore how to support the individual needs of your students without having to sort the class into specialised groups. Learn how to create a rich and inclusive learning environment for your students while providing targeted support for priority learners. Set up individualised learning pathways, and track student progress over time to provide you with the peace of mind that students are working on the right content at the right time. AITSL Standard 1.5
- Digitising Exams (Session 1B): Over the past 12 months, we’ve seen a growing number of teachers making the shift from workbooks and paper-based assessments to going online. This shift is saving significant marking time and provides rich data and insights in real-time. To support teachers in this transition, we’ve created the Accelerators Program. One element of this program is to help teachers to convert your paper based tests into digital assessments on Education Perfect. This session is designed to get you started on this path with the support of our EP experts. AITSL Standards 2.3, 5.1
- Flipping the classroom (Session 2A): Expose your students to a 21st century learning approach using Education Perfect as the means for delivery. Flipping the classroom encourages students to take ownership of their learning and ensures they are active members in their education. In this session we will discuss how to use EP to facilitate rich learning outside of the four walls of a classroom. AITSL Standard 2.1
- Learning data for better outcomes (Session 2B): Data is in high demand in today’s classroom. But how to you easily and effectively collate and then utilise this data to inform tomorrow’s teaching? This session will help teachers to gain a better understanding of the data by exploring the information that is available through the platform and how to make the best use of it in their individual contexts. AITSL Standards 3.6, 5.4
- Promoting student collaboration (Session 3A): Education Perfect is now also capable of supporting peer to peer learning. This new function will facilitate targeted peer feedback and allow teachers to manage group work seamlessly. We will also demonstrate how to enrich your students’ learning experience through online targeted teacher feedback, meaning that you can minimise what you need to carry between school and home to facilitate marking, student reflection and teacher input. AITSL Standard 4.1
- Customising content to increase student engagement (Session 3B): Education Perfect content can easily be adapted, refined and modified to suit your specific classroom needs. In addition to EP’s extensive Resource Library, you have the ability to create your own Smart Lessons, Vocab and Fact Lists, as well as Assessments. Learn how to quickly and easily edit existing lessons or create original content for your students via our world class digital platform. AITSL Standard 6.4
Can't wait to see you there!