FINANCE for NON-FINANCIAL MANAGERS: using spreadsheet as an analytical tool
FINANCE FOR NON-FINANCIAL MANAGERS
TWO day intensive workshop assisted by excel templates and models
- Financial diagnosis for problems identification
- Financial indicators for comparative performance evaluation
- Finance for decision making and planning purposes
At the end of the program, the participant shall acquire relevant knowledge and skills in finance to enable him to analyse, projecting and strategising.
Designed for anyone who wants to grow a successful career in managerial position. This course will teach you everything required including accounting, financial math, financial statement analysis, and business analysis.
Here are some more details of what you'll learn:
1. How to build a company's P&L from scratch and perform financial statement analysis
2. How to calculate Liquidity, Solvency, Profitability and Growth ratios to analyze a company's performance
3. The importance of timing of revenue and cost recognition
4. Understand what drives a company's stock value.
5. Cash flows and liquidity management
- using ratios as performance indicators
- Strengths and weaknesses
Cost volume profit analysis
- determine fixed and variable costs
- Determine quantity sold
- Determine the price sold
- Make outsource decisions.
- estimate the right amount of working capital
- Manage trading strategies
- Manage stocks, debtors and creditors
- Capacity planning
- Leasing and rental
- borrow to buy
- Financial leverage
- compute IRR and NPV
Financing the business
- Balance between equity and loans
- Calculate the costs of each source
- Control vs tax deductible expenses
Cash Flow Projections
- Project cash inflows and outflows
- Appreciate the inportance of liquidity
- Compute the IRR and NPV
Return on Equity Model
- Understand corporate objective and goals
- How to maximise return
- Profit margin x asset turnover x Asset equity leverage.
- Comprehensive diagnosis of the company.
- Income statement
- Balance Sheet
To develop the knowledge concepts and techniques necessary to manage financial resources while at the same time using financial measures to measure the true performance of each activity area.
All excutives and managers, directors and entrepreneurs, teachers and students, borrowers and lenders
Benefits of this course
- To enable participant to analyse and process financial data, makes decisions and produce reports for management purposes.
- Learn financial strategies through simulations and deep root cause analysis through component ratios.
- Take home excel templates and models
- To apply the relevant financial strategies
Assisted by excel software
Case study by group discussion
Prepared templates and models
Simulations to demonstrate the impact of financial strategies
Among others, the following topics shall be discussed.
Financial statement analysis and meaningful interpretation
Veritcal, horizontal and trend analysis
Cost volume profit analysis to determine the economic size of business
Working capital and trading strategies
Fixed capital and leverage
Sources and costs of funds: Financial structure
Cash flows : IRR and NPV
Return on Equity as the key goals in business
Key Performance indicators as performance measures
The teaching approach
- Using ratio analysis to interpret the financial data
- Using budget to plan and control activities
- Controlling cash and liquidity as opposed to profitability
- Applying financial strategies
- Critically analyse and interpret financial statements
- understand costs for planning and control purposes.
- Ability to evaluate performance
- Ability to use funds more efficiently and effectively.
- Certificate of attendance issued to all participants
- Snacks and drinks provided during breacks
- Please bring your Notebook or laptop and financial calculator
- Millenneum Square is near MRT Asia Jaya
- Lots of Parking at basements