Gig Harbor Goalkeeper Camp hosted by Harbor Premier Soccer Club
Elite Goalkeeper Camps EGKC promises a positive learning experience for all level and all ages of keepers and provide professional goalkeeper sessions so that players can reach their potential.
3 Day Goalkeeper Camp
Includes a pair of NoetZ Goalkeeper gloves and Training Kit
- **After payment you will be directed to fill out a Future Lions Registration to gather medical and emergency information as well
Joining us this year will be Stephen Swanger, director of Elite Goalkeeper Camps, Katie Tate from Upper 90 Goalkeeping in Greenville, SC, Edgardo Gonzales from 5 Points Soccer Skills, Nathan Salveson – Salveson Goalkeeping – as well as others!
EGKC promises a positive learning experience for all level and all ages of keepers , provide professional goalkeeper sessions so that players can reach their potential and promise a postive, intense, and exciting goalkeeper-specific camps for ages 8-18.
EGKC recognizes that the goalkeeping position has changed considerably in the modern game, with increased emphasis to be an well-rounded player. From footwork, playing outside of the penalty area, recognizing tactical situations keepers’ responsibilities extend far from between the posts. Fairo Elite Goalkeeper Camps offer a uniquely international perspective on the keeper position with a detailed focus on mastering techniques required by higher level keeper coaches and game-like situations that provide learning transfer for pressure situations in soccer games. Since 2016, under the direction of coaching director Stephen Swanger, more goalkeepers trust Fairo to engage students in intense and fun sessions for being the shot-stopper to being and the first attacker.
All practices and session plans trainings use a balanced curriculum using The Future Lions' system that consists of the Technical, Tactical, Mental and Physical aspects of the soccer game with each session having a primary game-like situation.
- Correct Catching Technique
- Basic Diving Techniques (Low; Mid Height Shots)
- Angle Play
- Deflecting, Tipping and Parrying, Boxing
- Dealing With Crossed Balls
- Distribution – Punting/Drop Kicks/Goal Kicks/Throwing
- Fast Reactions; Dealing with Un-catchable balls
- Advanced Diving Techniques (High Shots)
- Communication; Reading the Game, Organization of Set Plays (Free Kicks/Corner Kicks/Long Throw Ins; Penalty Kicks)
- Goal line situations, quick decisions in the goal area
- Initiating the Attack