Having Hard Conversations by Jennifer Abrams
Based on Jennifer’s books, Having Hard Conversations and Hard Conversations Unpacked, and her work with conflict and interpersonal communication, this 2 day deep dive workshop will provide participants with an action plan, scripting tools and more for having necessary yet challenging conversations.
Participants will learn how to:
• Identify and move past hesitations around having hard conversations.
• Reflect on questions to ask before choosing to speak up and frame the conversation in a cogent manner.
• Work with professional language to frame hard conversations that don’t trigger or put others on the
• Determine the goals of a conversation and write an action plan of support that is ‘other-focused’ for
after the conversation takes place.
• Script the conversation using a clear protocol that is doable and can be heard.
• Choose the best ‘wheres’ and ‘whens’ for a productive discussion.
• Respond to a variety of ‘what if they say this’ conflict escalators.
** This is a 2-day workshop which will be held on 21-22 January 2020