An Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation 4-week Course Geelong
YOUR FACILITATOR IS KIRTI DUBE
Kirti is a devoted Vipassana and MBSR practitioner. She had her first introduction to meditation at the age of 10 through her Grandfather who was a dedicated yoga practitioner in India. Since then, shes had a strong inclination towards working on self through various techniques of meditation. Her fondness for meditation took the form of regular committed practice and became a way of living for her a few years ago when she used alternative therapy and meditation to avoid surgery and cure her chronic medical condition. She has firsthand experience of what can be achieved in personal health and in life with meditation and mindfulness.
Kirti is a certified Trainer for students with Intellectual Disabilities and regularly uses mindfulness at work. She has worked with youth and their parents, helping them achieve academic goals through her coaching and mentoring skills. She has designed and facilitated half- to full-day professional development workshops for job seekers at work and for small to medium businesses in her community on using meditation and mindfulness to improve productivity. Some of her techniques also come from her mother who is a Psychotherapist and who has mentored her over the years.
Participants from her workshops say that Kirti brings great energy and vibe into her workshops and that she has a powerful way of reaching the attendees through her own stories and experiences. Tools and techniques given by her, when practiced regularly, transform the way participants cope with stress and anxiety and bring about positive change in their mindset.
Kirti practises Vipassana with her husband with whom she has been happily married to for 23 years. She is also the proud mother of one son.
An Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation 4-week course. Each class is one hour, once per week. This course is practical, non-religious and designed for beginners. The course includes
- 4 classes with an experienced mindfulness trainer
- 4-week subscription to the full version of the CALM app
- Downloadable guided mindfulness meditations for you to keep
- A 45-page guidebook
? Full length 4-week course so you can practise and report back.
? No risk money-back guarantee; if you attend all the classes and dont feel you have received any benefit get your money back.
? Includes 4-week subscription to the premium version of the CALM mindfulness and meditation app.
? Australias number one 'in-person' mindfulness course.
? Exclusive 45-page guidebook including weekly assignments, indepth articles and a reading list.
? Over 15 guided downloadable guided meditations for you to keep.
? No religion. No dogma. No funny positions. Practical and non-religious course.
? Designed for absolute beginners.
Mindfulness Works is the largest mindfulness training organisation in Australia. Over 10,000 people have completed the Mindfulness Works Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation 4-week course
Mindfulness Works is committed to:
- Providing accessible and affordable mindfulness courses.
- Offering a diverse range of experienced and skilled mindfulness trainers.
- Providing courses in a practical format with exceptional supporting resources.
- Improving the mental health of all of us and fostering self-love in all.
- Supporting our facilitators with options for further professional development.
Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way; On purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally. Jon Kabat Zinn (Professor of Medicine Emeritus Stress Reduction Clinic and the Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine).
The benefits of regular mindfulness are
? Reduced stress and anxiety
? Improved sleeping patterns
? Less self-judgement and more self-acceptance
? Greater feelings of joy and freedom
? Improved mental health
? Effective ways to work with difficult thoughts and emotions
Mindfulness helps you to keep your thoughts in the present moment. As you practice, you tend to get better at calming the mind and keeping things in perspective. Dr Grant Blashki is a practising GP and Beyond Blues lead Clinical Advisor
Week 1: What is Mindfulness?
- What mindfulness is
- The benefits of mindfulness and meditation
- Guided body scan mindfulness meditation.
Week 2: Working with the Mind
- Why thinking can be problematical
- Practical ways to work with difficult thoughts
- Self-judgement and how to intervene
- Guided mindfulness meditation counting the breath.
Week 3: Working with Emotions
- What are emotions?
- Learning to feel emotions
- The RAIN method
- Non-judgement and acceptance
- Guided mindfulness meditation on feelings.
Week 4: Radical Acceptance
- What it means to be present
- How "wanting things to be different" causes stress
- Developing wisdom and insight
- Authentic self-compassion
- Open awareness guided mindfulness meditation
- Next steps.
Using mindfulness to help me better manage unrelenting anxiety, obsessive worrying & sadness. I have found that using the apps is helpful when having a stressful day, & I intend to keep practicing daily. Thank you. Cecily Wilson