Melbourne Drum Therapy Facilitator Training 2019
"...I have never felt more open to learning and being inspired. Being able to have a go and make mistakes is a testament to the teaching."
"...I absolutely LOVED the training - perhaps the best and definitely the most nurturing training I have ever done!"
"...The InRhythm facilitator training was such a memorable, positive and transformational experience (both professionally and personally)."
Our Drumming & Mindfulness Facilitator Training will equip you with the skills and resources to lead successful therapeutic drum and rhythm circles. The focus is on helping improve the mental health and wellbeing of participants.
The Benefits of InRhythm Drumming
• Releases stored tension
• Reduces patterns of anxiety & depression
• Improves social skills
• Builds community amongst participants
• Develops musicality & musical confidence
• Teaches the power of mindfulness & meditation
• Unveils the natural sense of wellbeing and joy
• Promotes creative expression
• Creates a safe space to explore social, emotional & group harmony issues
• Develops healthy & happy minds
• Helps make life FUN!
No Experience Required
This training is designed for absolute beginners through to experienced facilitators. No musical ability is required. In a supportive and relaxed environment you'll have plenty of space to practice and be inspired by others.
The methods used in this professional program are multi layered, a combination of discussion, reflection and hands-on practice will result in an introduction to:
• The art of running successful therapeutic rhythm programs
• The universal language of drum circle facilitation
• The basics of polyrhythm, body-percussion and African drumming (all that’s needed for ongoing sessions)
• Using the power of drumming circles to deliver analogies that address sensitive life issues, teamwork and group harmony
• The delivery of direct experience / presence meditations
• Running therapeutic programs using body percussion exclusively
• The practice of using non-verbal communication to facilitate group music sessions
• Methods for effectively managing group dynamics
• Composition and staging of successful group performances
COST: $750@Early Bird $650
9.30am - 4.30pm over 2 days (12 hours training)