Mental Health First Aid - Standard 2 Day Training
The Standard MHFA course teaches individuals how to identify and assist someone who has a mental illness, is developing a mental health problem or is experiencing a mental health crisis.
The 12-hour Standard Mental Health First Aid (MHFA-S) course teaches adults how to provide support to adults who are developing a mental illness, experiencing the worsening of an existing mental illness or in a mental health crisis.
Participants will learn the signs and symptoms of the common mental health problems outlined below, where and how to get help and what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective. Developing mental health problems covered:
- Anxiety problems
- Substance use problems
Mental health crises explored include:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Non-suicidal self-injury
- Panic attacks
- Traumatic events
- Severe psychotic states
- Severe effects from alcohol or other drug use
- Aggressive behaviours.
This course will be delivered by our Principal Master Accredited facilitator with over 20 years experience working with individuals, couples and communities.
This course includes:
- Engaging & up-to-date materials
- Take-home reference package and free online resources
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for
- Post-course contacts for help and advice
- Certificate of attendance