Microsoft Excel Training Course Toronto (Introduction) | Beginner MS Excel Classes | Virtual Classroom
Microsoft® Excel® Introduction Course (1 Day)
As our clients and colleagues continue to practice social distancing in response to COVID-19, we are offering some of our public courses in live, instructor-led virtual classroom format. If you'd like to arrange custom virtual training, contact us at
Upcoming Dates: May 14, 2020 (Virtual Classroom) |
Duration: 1 day (9 am - 4 pm)
Microsoft Excel Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 2019 | 365 (Windows)
Course Fee: $225 CDN per person + HST (virtual classroom), $245 CDN per person + HST (bring your own device) or $295 CDN person + HST (Aantix Learning provides device)
Virtual Classroom: Virtual classroom courses are delivered from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time) with a 15 minute break in the morning and in the afternoon and a 1 hour break for lunch.
Classrom Course Location: Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Our classroom courses are offered at the Toronto Eaton Centre or at the Toronto Star Building (some Avantix Learning courses may be held at an alternate downtown Toronto location). Location will be confirmed when you register.
Delivery Method: Instructor-led classroom training or virtual classrom training
Learning Path: Level 1 (Beginner)
Next Course in Series:
Custom training: Available on request.
During this instructor-led Microsoft Excel training course, beginners will learn basic skills to work effectively with Microsoft Excel worksheets. Students will learn to enter and edit different types of data and to enter formulas using operators and functions. Various strategies will be used to format and edit worksheets and workbooks. Different print settings will be applied and then previewed. At the end of the day, students will also learn to create simple charts quickly and easily. Throughout this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts. Key takeaways include a full course manual, Quick Reference Guide with keyboard shortcuts as well as sample and exercise files.
Working in the Microsoft Excel Environment
- Overview of the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Navigating quickly in a worksheet
- Selecting cells and cell ranges using different strategies and shortcuts
- Entering different types of data
- Resizing columns and rows quickly and easily
Managing Workbooks and Worksheets
- Creating a new Excel workbook
- Saving a workbook
- Naming worksheets
- Moving or copying worksheets
- Inserting and deleting rows and columns
- Inserting and deleting worksheets in a workbook
- Using various strategies and shortcuts to cut, copy and paste data
Formatting Cells, Rows and Columns
- Applying number formatting
- Changing font and size
- Changing alignment
- Applying borders and shading
Creating Basic Formulas
- Creating simple formulas using basic operators
- Changing data and viewing updated results
- Showing and hiding formulas
- Entering formulas using the common Excel functions SUM, AVERAGE, MIN, MAX and COUNT
Understanding Errors and Error Checking
- Types of errors
- Choosing error checking options
- Ignoring errors
Previewing and Printing
- Setting a print area
- Changing margins
- Adding headers and/or footers
- Previewing your final result
Creating a Simple Chart
- Creating a basic bar or column chart from data
- Formatting the chart
- Changing the underlying data and view the updated results in the chart
Who will benefit
This course has been designed for beginners who are just getting started with Excel. No prior experience with Excel is required.
Can I bring my own device?
Absolutely! If you choose to bring your own device, you will receive a reduced rate. Be sure to bring a power cord and a mouse is helpful.
Included in this course:
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Related Microsoft Office training
Other Microsoft Office courses include:
Check out these helpful articles
About Avantix Learning courses
Avantix Learning offers live instructor-led classroom (ILC) courses allowing personal interaction between the students and the instructor. We specialize in small classes, typically ranging from 6 to 8 students to ensure an optimal student to instructor ratio.
Public courses are offered in downtown Toronto at 1 Yonge Street (Toronto Star Building), Suite 1801, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Our top-notch instructors have years of experience in the business world and students are encouraged to ask questions during our courses. Avantix Learning senior instructors have 15 or more years of experience. A complete profile of the instructor leading a specific course is available on request.
You can also find information about all of our courses on our web site at
We understand that your plans may change. Check out our
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
As our clients and colleague continue to practice social distancing amid the OVID-19 pandemic, we are offering the following public courses in live, instructor-led virtual classroom format. If you’d like to arrange custom virtual training, contact us at