Parramatta - NAPLAN Online 2020 Training
Face-to-face training workshop for nominated NAPLAN coordinators and test administrators from New South Wales schools.
This course is a face-to-face training workshop for nominated NAPLAN coordinators and test administrators from NSW schools participating in the NAPLAN Online practice test. It is expected that, following this course, participants can:
• understand the responsibilities, and perform the duties, of NAPLAN Online coordinators,
• identify and locate the range of resources available to support them to train staff,
• train staff at their school to be test administrators.
The course will provide:
• information on user roles and how to prepare for NAPLAN Online,
• comprehensive training on the assessment platform features, functions and test administration,
• modelling for test administrator training.
Who should attend?
• You should attend this training if you have been nominated by your school principal as the NAPLAN coordinator and have not previously attended NAPLAN Online face-to-face training, or you would like to attend the training as a refresher.
• It is expected that attendees return to school and use their knowledge to support the training of all nominated test administrators at the school.
Duration: 5.0 hours
Time: Workshops will begin at 9.30am and conclude by 3pm unless otherwise stated. A morning tea and lunch break will be provided.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled commencement in order to complete registration and obtain access to the online assessment platform.
Is there any pre-requisite learning?
It is recommended that participants complete eLearning Module 1: NAPLAN Online overview prior to attending this workshop.
Check your sector's professional learning resources.
What should I bring?
Devices will be provided on the day however attendees may wish to bring their own laptop. Some venues are BYO device only. Check venue details in the confirmation email.
Can I enrol in any session?
Participants may attend the training venue that is closest to their school or home. However, it is highly recommended that participants from the same school attend training at the same venue in order to engage in collegial discussion related to their personal school setting. This will help to consolidate learning.
What if I need to change or cancel my enrolment?
If you cannot attend the session you have registered for, please cancel your registration from your Eventbrite account. You can do this by viewing order details and selecting ‘cancel order’ in your Eventbrite account. You should then re-register at a different session.
Do I need to print my tickets?
No, venues will have a list of attendees.
Is this training accredited?
Yes, completing this training will contribute 5 hours of NESA registered professional learning addressing standards 7.2.3 and 6.3.3 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Highly Accomplished Accreditation in NSW.
You must enter your name as registered with NESA and your NESA Account Number (Accreditation Number) when you register for this course on Eventbrite.