Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider with BLS Recertification - Apr 8 & 9 (Cancelled)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) with Basic Life Support (BLS) Recertification
(Two-Day Provider course)
The Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course uses a series of hands-on skill stations and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, high-quality basic life support skills, advanced life support treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
Our certified PALS instructors are a combination of nurses, physicians and respiratory therapists with backgrounds in pediatric emergency and critical care.
Our course provides two distinct credentials to participants who successfully complete all components of the course:
- Heart and Stroke Foundation (HSFC) Basic Life Support (BLS) Recertification, and
- Heart and Stroke Foundation (HSFC) Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider Certification.
(1a) RN, RPh, RPN (currently working with pediatric patients), RRT, MD, DDS, PCP/ACP/CCP, IMG, (or)
(1b) Students who are training to enter a health profession listed in (1a) are eligible to enroll if they are in their final stage of training and have successfully completed the PEARS Provider course,
(2) Completion of a mandatory online PALS pre-course assessment* (included in tuition fee),
(3a) Heart and Stroke BLS Provider Renewal Prerequisite Challenge Certificate* (or)
(3b) a valid Heart and Stroke BLS Provider certificate*
* Submission of paper copies of these documents will be required at course check-in.
The PALS Pre-course Assessment and the BLS Provider Renewal Prerequisite Challenge Certificate are completed online through the Heart and Stroke Foundation's Resuscitation Portal at
Basic Life Support Recertification
Heart and Stroke Foundation BLS Provider Recertification is included within our PALS Provider course, at no additional charge, for all participants who provide a Heart and Stroke BLS Provider Renewal Prerequisite Challenge Certificate during course check-in.
Course Materials and Required Preparation
Mandatory pre-course preparation is required for admission to this course. Please to go our website for essential information:
Kevin Middleton, RRT, BSc, MEd
Emma Wyatt, MBBS, FRACP
Please note that the following Cancellation Policy applies to this course:
• Requests to withdraw from a course (cancel registration) can only be completed through the Eventbrite registration system. Please go to
• Refunds will be made according to the date of the request based on the following timelines:
More than 3 weeks before the start of the course = 100% of tuition refunded
Between 2-3 weeks before the start of the course = 75% of tuition refunded
Less than 2 weeks, but more than 1 week before the start of the course = 50% of tuition refunded
1 week or less before the start of the course = No refund
Please note that the online service charge is payable directly to Eventbrite. It is subject to their refund policy and is usually non-refundable.
• If you are unable to attend the course, a friend or colleague can be substituted in your place at no additional charge.
• Transfers to a future course date can be requested up to 3 weeks before the start of the course. To transfer to a future course, please email us and include your order number and the course date that you would like to attend. Transfers are subject to availability.
• No refunds will be issued for withdrawals requested 1 week or less prior to a course. No refunds will be given for “no shows”.