Persuasive Writing Course
Improve your communication skills with our Communication courses in Sydney.
Learn Communication with our
To be successful in a business environment, people need to know how to write persuasively and engage their readers, whether they write marketing or promotional copy, reports or blogs and speeches. This persuasive writing course aims to equip you with powerful writing techniques that will help you to win the hearts and minds of your colleagues, customers or the wider population.
In this persuasive writing course you will learn how every aspect of writing, from setting the right tone for your audience and making perfect word choices, to crafting your sentences and shaping the overall document for maximum impact, affects the impact you have on your readers. This advanced writing course will give you a new understanding of the psychology of persuasion, and a toolkit of rhetorical and literary devices to make your words sing.
If you want to lift your writing game to engage and influence your readers, this persuasive writing course is for you.
At the completion of this persuasive writing course you will:
- Understand the importance of a persuasive writing structure to present material effectively.
- Be able to write sentences that engage the reader and convey your messages effortlessly.
- Choose words that are fresh, emotive and precise, and suit your audience.
- Win minds through the deft use of convincing facts and figures.
- Win hearts by using persuasive writing techniques such as rhetoric, storytelling and even literary devices to enhance the power of your language.
- Use an understanding of the psychology of persuasion to put your messages across more effectively.
The following persuasive writing topics will be covered:
Mastering your persuasive material
- Putting the audience first.
- Structuring your persuasive content for maximum clarity, impact and focus.
- Choosing the right tone for each audience.
- Constructing sentences elegantly for impact.
- Making skilled persuasive word choices.
Winning the minds of your readers
- Building a logical persuasive argument.
- Selecting key facts that are persuasive.
- Presenting facts in a way that maximises their persuasive impact.
- Using show don’t tell: letting the facts speak for themselves.
Winning the hearts of your readers.
- Applying the psychology of persuasion to writing.
- Using powerful, time-honoured rhetorical tools.
- Using literary devices that can supercharge your words.
- Understanding and using the power of storytelling.
This persuasive writing course is suitable for anyone who writes well at work and wants to increase the emotive and persuasive power of their words through this advanced course. This persuasive writing course is designed for those who need to write persuasive and engaging copy, including marketers and bloggers.
This persuasive writing course will be delivered as an interactive workshop consisting of an instructor-led lecture, group and individual activities. This training approach allows participants to work through concepts introduced by the instructor in an application-focused teaching environment. Participants will challenge their understanding of the concepts and consider their application once back in their individual workplace
This persuasive writing coursehas no prerequisites and is open to all members of the public. You should be familiar with basic business writing principles and be able to write with purpose and clear expression. If you feel that you do not yet have these skills, we recommend attending the
Additional instances of this course may be available and published on our website. See