Provide First Aid - POSTPONED
Provide First Aid is the newest workplace first aid training qualification and also the most popular general first aid course. It has replaced both Senior First Aid and Apply First Aid.
Catch Training's one day course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to Provide First Aid in a variety of situations they may face in the workplace and everyday life.
Course outcome: Participants who successfully pass this one day, face-to-face Provide First Aid course will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment in HLTAID003 Provide First Aid, and HLTAID001 Provide CPR.
Entry requirements: First Aid is a skill that everyone should have. All are welcome on this course, there are no pre-requisites.
- Cardio Pulmonary
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- Fractures, breaks and dislocations
- Minor and major burns and scalds
- Spinal and head injuries
- How to deal with a unconscious casualty, including fainting
- How to apply bandages
- Choking in adults, children, and infants
- Severed limbs
- how to treat bites, stings, heatstroke, and other Australian summer hazards
Assessment requirements: To pass this one day face-to-face course you will need to successfully complete a practical and written assessment. It is imperative that you complete the pre-work booklet - unless you are refreshing an existing First Aid qualification
What to bring:
- You must bring one form of photo identification. Ideally an Australian driver's licence or your passport (unfortunately you will not be able to sit the course without this).
- Please bring a pen.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled start so that your Catch Training facilitator can check your ID and sign you in.
- Ensure you read our Pre-Course Information Provide First Aid (if applicable) and our Student Handbook.
- You will also need to complete a pre-work booklet covering theoretical information which you should expect to take approximately 3 hours to complete.
This event is part of The Hills Shire Council Volunteer Training Program.
*The Hills Shire Council has the right to cancel this event if there’s a insufficient number of attendees*