Quality Teaching Rounds PD workshop - Newcastle
We are committed to providing QTR training with your health and wellbeing at the forefront of our planning. To this end, we are closely following the advice of health authorities and will provide regular updates on the status of our upcoming QTR workshops via the University of Newcastle's QTR website, which can be accessed
This intensive two-day workshop:
• Will prepare school leaders and teachers for implementing Quality Teaching Rounds;
• Is designed for schools and/or teachers new to Quality Teaching Rounds;
• Is registered with NESA as a Teacher Professional Learning Course - 12 hours at Proficient (1.3.2, 2.2.2, 6.2.2, 6.3.2, 6.4.2, 7.4.2) and Lead (1.2.4, 2.1.4, 3.1.4, 4.1.4, 6.3.4, 6.4.4).
Includes the following sessions:
• From Quality Teaching to Quality Teaching Rounds: Research background
• The Quality Teaching model: Refresher
• Essential features of Quality Teaching Rounds
• Practicalities of conducting Quality Teaching Rounds
• Diagnosing classroom practice through Quality Teaching Rounds
• Preparing for Quality Teaching Rounds at your school
Please note: Workshop dates and details are subject to change.
Full participation in both days of the workshop is required (9am-3pm).
This workshop is open to government and non-government schools. As part of the project Building Capacity for Quality Teaching in Australian Schools, the workshop fee of $750 per participant is waived for up to two tickets per NSW government school. Schools who claimed their two free tickets in 2019 are required to purchase tickets. Additional teachers per school are welcome and the workshop fee will apply.
Schools are encouraged to send at least two people to develop sufficient school-based knowledge to support implementation. Ideally, one person would have some decision-making authority in the school.