Getting Research into Policy and Practice
The University of Queensland's (UQ) Centre for Policy Futures is holding a training workshop to help UQ researchers navigate Australia's policy landscape. The Director of the Centre, Professor Karen Hussey, together with a team of policy experts will:
- Introduce you to Australia's federal system and the respective roles and responsibilities of local, state/territory and federal governments.
- Showcase a number of successful 'science-to-policy' case studies.
- Explore what evidence-based policy means in practice.
- Share experiences - good and bad - of interacting and engaging with the policy process, including insights into how you can connect your research with policy and program development.
- Explain the difference between political and policy spheres.
- Explore the relationship between politics and science funding.