SCHEMAS AND WELLBEING: CULTIVATING GREATER LEVELS OF CONNECTION & OPTIMISM
SCHEMAS AND WELLBEING: CULTIVATING GREATER LEVELS OF CONNECTION AND OPTIMISM
with Dr. Tracey Hunter & Dr. Rachel Wheeler
Pullman Hyde Park, Sydney
Friday 15 - Saturday 16 October 2021
10:00am - 5:00pm
Places are limited to 25
This 2-day event will explore the underlying early schemas or wounds that block people from activating greater levels of connection and optimism in their lives.
The 2-day workshop is based on the Schema Therapy model and involves the delivery of cognitive and emotion-focused techniques relevant to working with clients also seeking assistance with overcoming barriers to greater self-worth, healthy relationships and a positive outlook in life. No previous experience in Schema Therapy is necessary, as this workshop is focused on self-reflection and insight development rather than strategies and therapy skills.
This workshop has a strong focus on self-reflection and personal growth and is highly suited for health professionals and therapists who embrace the qualities of courage, vulnerability and the power of shared stories.
The schemas that we will be exploring that block connection and optimism are:
CONNECTION - SCHEMAS TO HEAL:
- Emotional Deprivation
- Emotional Inhibition
- Social Isolation/Alienation
OPTIMISM - SCHEMAS TO HEAL:
- Vulnerability to Harm/Illness
The workshop will outline a 5-step process based on cognitive, behavioural and emotion-focused strategies that support clients and practitioners alike to activate Connection and Optimism, therefore providing healing pathways from depression, anxiety, relationship issues and blocks in self-worth and inner strength.
THE BENEFITS OF ACTIVATING CONNECTION:
When we embody Connection in our day-to-day life, we can expect some or all of these outcomes:
- We feel worthy of love and connection
- We feel like we deserve to have our needs heard and taken on board in our relationships with others
- We are free of ideas of perfectionism and achievement being markers of self-worth, and free ourselves from shame
- We validate our own emotional experience and feel certain about how we feel, even if its painful or it is not fully understood by others
- We are better able to manage the intensity of our emotions because we are willing and able to self-soothe when others may dismiss or minimise our feelings
- We feel connected within our community, and appreciate good friendships and social connections with like-minded people
THE BENEFITS OF ACTIVATING OPTIMISM:
When we embody Optimism in our day-to-day life, we can expect some or all of these outcomes:
- We feel positive about our lives on the whole, and we look forward to our future
- We trust in our capacity to develop secure relationships with others and communicate our needs and boundaries in a way that will eventually be respected and understood
- We are committed to creating stability in our lives, by being clear with others about what causes our own feelings of insecurity and instability
- We know how to communicate our boundaries to others, so we are less fearful of betrayal and less reactive to temporary disconnection in our close relationships
- We allow ourselves to feel excited in anticipation of future events and share our joy, even in the face of possible disappointment
- We have a deep sense of trust in our bodys ability to heal itself and strive towards optimal health, and the regenerative aspect of life cycles and the natural world
The aim of this workshop is to:
A. Enhance your own emotional health and wellbeing
B. Develop deep insight into your own blocks to greater wellbeing
C. Provide a clear process based on an evidence-based model - Schema Therapy - to assist your clients who are also wanting to work towards greater wellbeing and emotional health and heal from past wounds and emotional blocks
If you are seeking a PD event that delivers novel, intuitive, creative and inspiring approaches to wellbeing and emotional health, plus has the added benefit of enhancing your own personal wellbeing, then this training is for you!!
All attendees will receive complementary access to The Wellbeing Codes 90-day Self Guided Program following the workshop, to continue integrating the information following the event (value $250).
Accommodation is available at Pullman Hyde Park - it is a lovely hotel overlooking Hyde Park and Sydney CBD. Please visit
Early Bird: $749 (til 31 August 2021)
Includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS:
Dr. Tracey Hunter
Tracey is a clinical psychologist based on the Gold Coast, who has trained in New York as a Schema Therapist (advanced accreditation) with Dr. Jeffrey Young and Wendy Behary, and has run professional development workshops across Australia over the past 15 years in Schema Therapy as well as emotional wellbeing in corporate settings and teams. Tracey's focus is on integrating the past with the present, personality integration, and achieving wholeness and individuation through balancing our internal drives for connection and autonomy. She supervises many psychologists across Australia in the application of Schema Therapy for complex cases. She is passionate about teaching therapists about Schema Therapy, healing and vulnerability.
Dr. Rachel Wheeler
Rachel is a Doctor of Clinical Psychology with over two decades experience as a clinical psychologist in Australia and the UK. Her love for Schema Therapy and its effectiveness in her private practice has influenced the way she has worked over the last 20 years, and she is passionate about helping people both clients and other health professionals- to have a deep understanding of their patterns and conditioning that underpin unhelpful behaviour in adult life.
Rachel believes that The Wellbeing Codes is relevant to every human on the planet, because we all have unhelpful coding that we pick up along the way. Rachels passion is helping others to heal schemas and activate The Wellbeing Codes as a pathway to systematically healing childhood wounds and patterns and opening up opportunities to thrive rather than just survive.
Rachel has recently returned from living and working in the UK and she is a co-founder of an IT start-up in the UK. Rachels coaching business expertise lies in positively influencing human and organisational thinking.
For more information, visit our website at: