Script In Hand
Temporarily dark during April-May and perhaps beyond due to Corona virus theatre closures
SCRIPT IN HAND 2020
Get your script read on stage by seasoned actors!
Each month writers have scripts assigned to capable directors who cast experienced actors who rehearse each script then present on stage with props, costumes, sound and lights in front of an audience, followed by a Q&A.
Writers email your script to SIH programmers Ron Hadley and Ruth Fingret at firstname.lastname@example.org
Actors & Directors email bio to Stephen Carnell at email@example.com. Directors select actors, often with a casting call on Script In Hand Facebook page, join it.
WHEN: 7.30pm-10pm, on a Monday each month from March to November 2020.
WHERE: Old 505 Theatre, 5 Eliza Street Newtown NSW
2020 SEASON (producers name):
Monday 2 March (Liviu Monsted)
Monday 6 April (Joy Roberts)
Monday 4 May (Stephen Carnell)
Monday 1 June (Faith de Savigne)
Monday 29 June (Faith de Savigne)
Monday 10 August (Joy Roberts)
Monday 28 September (Liviu Monsted)
Monday 2 November (Stephen Carnell)
ADMISSION FEE: $20 for everyone - actors, directors, writers, MC .
TRAIN: Opposite Newtown Station
PARKING: In nearby streets.
JOIN: Membership is included in admission fee. Just turn up and pay at the door or book and pay in advance with www.eventbrite.com.au
Script-in-Hand (SIH) is produced by Actors Anonymous Incorporated (AA), ABN 96 360 746 883, which is a not-for-profit network of theatre and film actors, directors, writers and producers who create independent theatre and film in Sydney.
Script-in-Hand was created in 2009 by Gerry Greenland and Stephen Carnell.
Script-In-Hand (SIH) attracts of a group of playwrights, actors, directors and theatre-lovers who meet in an informal and collaborative atmosphere to experience readings of new work.
NOTES FOR PARTICIPANTS:
Each script is allocated up to 20 minutes.
Total performance time is around 100 minutes, so four or more pieces will be read by actors, script in hand, after a rehearsal or two with a director during the week prior to the show.
How to get your work read and stay informed:
1. Attend Script-in-Hand (SIH) meetings.
2. Email your script to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. You’ll receive an acknowledgement and performance date.
4. A director will be assigned and actors cast in the weeks prior to your reading.
5. You should colloborate with your director and attend rehearsal prior to performance and performancel.
6. We discourage writers from directing their own work (but we never say never).
7. You can appoint director and actors yourself, but you MUST advise us at the time the script is selected.
8. Inexperienced directors and actors are discouraged.
9. You must attend the performance of your work (joining and annual fees are included in $20 entry fee).