Script In Hand
SCRIPT IN HAND 2019
Get your script read on stage by seasoned actors!
Each month writers have scripts assigned to capable directors who cast experienced actors who rehearse each script then present on stage with props, costumes, sound and lights in front of an audience, followed by a Q&A.
Writers email your script to SIH programmers Ron Hadley and Ruth Fingret at firstname.lastname@example.org
Actors & Directors email bio to Stephen Carnell at email@example.com
WHEN: 7.30pm-10pm, fourth Monday each month from March to November.
WHERE: Limelight on Oxford 231 Oxford Street Darlinghurst NSW
2019 SEASON (producers name):
Tuesday 26 March (Faith de Savigne)
Tuesday 30 April (Stephen Carnell)
Tuesday 28 May (Joy Roberts)
Tuesday 25 June'(Liviu Monsted)
Tuesday 23 July (Faith de Savigne)
Tuesday 27 August (Stephen Carnell)
Tuesday 24 September (Joy Roberts)
Tuesday 22 October (Liviu Monsted)
Tuesday 26 November (Stephen Carnell)
ADMISSION FEE: $20 for everyone - actors, directors, writers, MC .
JOIN: Membership is included in admission fee. Just turn up and pay at the door or book and pay in advance with www.eventbrite.com.au
Script-in-Hand (SIH) is produced by Actors Anonymous Incorporated (AA), ABN 96 360 746 883, which is a not-for-profit network of theatre and film actors, directors, writers and producers who create independent theatre and film in Sydney.
PARKING: Consider parking at Kings Cross Car Park, behind Police Station. Flat rate after 6pm Tuesday is $15.
Script-in-Hand was created in 2009 by Gerry Greenland and Stephen Carnell.
Script-In-Hand (SIH) attracts of a group of playwrights, actors, directors and theatre-lovers who meet in an informal and collaborative atmosphere to experience readings of new work.
NOTES FOR PARTICIPANTS:
Each script is allocated up to 20 minutes.
Total performance time is around 100 minutes, so four or more pieces will be read by actors, script in hand, after a rehearsal or two with a director during the week prior to the show.
How to get your work read and stay informed:
1. Attend Script-in-Hand (SIH) meetings.
2. Email your script to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. You’ll receive an acknowledgement and performance date.
4. A director will be assigned and actors cast in the weeks prior to your reading.
5. You should colloborate with your director and attend rehearsal prior to performance and performancel.
6. We discourage writers from directing their own work (but we never say never).
7. You can appoint the director and actors yourself, but you MUST advise us at the time the script is selected.
8. Inexperienced directors and actors are discouraged.
9. You must attend the performance of your work (joining and annual fees are included in $20 entry fee).
Limelight on Oxford
231 Oxford Street , Darlinghurst, 2010, NSW, Australia