Get the shot! April 2020
Don't you just love those images on Social Media and in Magazines, where the light is just perfect (either light or dark), there is a little bit of action in the shot, some are a little messy and you're not quite game enough to try, or some you're perhaps not quite sure HOW they got THAT look? Let me show you how to Get the Shot!
Join me, Julie Powell, for a fun-filled afternoon in the studio to learn tips and tricks for getting the perfect product shot. From the pour, the drip to creating condensation, the splash, reflections, working with glass and metal, action shots and lighting. We will be working with real product shots, getting a little messy and having loads of fun. All items for subject, props, lighting and staging are supplied, you only need your camera gear.
This workshop will cover the basics in lighting, staging, camera settings and styling for Product Photography with topics discussed:
- Pouring, dripping, splashing and creating condensation, working with sugar and powders
- Basic Reflections and reflections in and around water
- Lighting, blocking, bouncing & reflecting light
- DSLR camera or Mirrorless camera, as long as you can change lenses. Also, bringing your manual is a good idea if you aren't overly familiar with your camera.
- a 35-50mm lens or 24-70mm is suitable or a macro lens
- tripod (a must)
- remote shutter release (wireless or cabled) - optional but highly recommended
- spare battery
- SD Cards.
- If you own a Speed Light, feel free to bring it along as well
This class is suitable for all levels of photographer.