So You Want To Know About The Signs?
So you want to know about ‘The Signs’?
Demystifying the End of Times
Instructor: Shaykh Ruzwan
‘The age in which the Dajjal appears will be one of confusion. People will believe a liar, and disbelieve the truthful..’ [Ahmad]
THE HOUR! WHICH HOUR?
THE HOUR THAT EVERYTHING IN EXISTENCE IS COUNTING DOWN TO - EVEN IF THEY DO NOT KNOW IT
Each heart beat you take brings it closer, your each breath bringing you a step nearer. THE HOUR: A window to eternal bliss or unending dejection…
The modern age is one which leaves humans unable to decide who to trust or what to believe in. The role of popular media and idolised cultural icons in spreading alternative spiritually subverted versions of reality is particularly impactful when it comes to Muslims, who despite being the recipients of the final message, are seen to be increasingly taken in by distortions of religious texts about the End of Times.
*** Join iSyllabus as we explore the way that ‘End of Times’ narratives are viewed by modern Muslims and how we can decipher the fact from the fiction. The course will include a special copy of exclusive class notes specially prepared using over 100 original sources, as well as new visual aids and info-graphs clarifying timelines and events.
‘What are they then waiting for other than the Hour, that it should come on them all of a sudden while they are unaware. Its signs are already here, but once the Hour has arrived, what use will it be then to take heed?’ [47:18]
‘…The Prophet (may God Bless him and grant him peace) stood amongst us for a long time and did not leave out anything except that he described it to us up until the Day of Resurrection. Whoever remembered it, remembered, whoever forgot it, lost it. I forgot some of it but would then see something and recall it, even like the face of an absent man, who upon being seen would be recognizable to you.” [al-Bukhari]
Through the use of detailed timelines, maps and the latest photographic archives, this course will shed light on the religious literature on this subject and bring the content to life.
Demystifying the ‘Signs of the End of Time’ through a study of the detailed types and categories of the purported Signs, with an emphasis on the contextualisation of events and examples.
- Challenge the major misconception regarding the ‘End of Times’ and its signs
- Analyse the role of Media and Society in distorting known religious truths
- Clarify the confusion that people have in understanding the Signs.
- Strengthen your belief in the Unseen (insha’Allah)
- Leave you amazed at the breath of the knowledge of the unseen given to the Prophet (may God Bless him and grant him peace)
- Look at the degree to which modern innovations and advancements are predicted in the hadith literature and which interpretations are plausible and which are not.
- Provide models, schemas and ground-rules to help us explain what is explainable and leave to God what we can have no knowledge of.
- Provide ground rules to remove confusion and misunderstanding surrounding this area by uncovering truth from the conspiracy.
- Provide advice on how to stay focused on our duties at time of conflict, trails and tribulations that mark the ‘End of Time’.
- Detailed and exclusive set of students notes specially prepared using over 100 original sources.
- Provide a detailed context of what the ‘Hour’ refers to in the light of Classical and modern Quran commentaries (tafsir)
- Detail what knowledge of the unseen is and what this refers to in relation to the Prophet (may God Bless him and grant him peace).
- Provide a detailed identification and historical verification of the signs that were mentioned by the Prophet (may God Bless him and grant him peace) to would occur before the hour and that have actual taken place. Through this understand the Decree of God in all things.
- Pinpoint the appearance of the minor Signs that have occurred and continue to occur
- Focus on the appearance of the minor Signs in the areas of technology; nature and the environment; sexual morality; society and politics; religion; family and personal morality and ethics.
- Outline and detail the Signs that come immediately before the Day of Judgement (The Major signs) and how they will affect vast swaths of the earth
- How to take practical and balanced lessons from the appearance of the Signs and navigate conspiracy theories such as those surrounding the Illuminati, Free masons and safeguard against Cults and religious heresies
This course is sure to generate much interest so enrol early to avoid disappointment.
Shaykh Ruzwan Mohammed is a Sunni theologian and scholar. A graduate in Geopolitics and Arabic from the University of Glasgow, in 1993 he left to travel and study with a wide array of leading scholars and theologians in various countries in the Muslim world. In the process, he read Turkish language at the University of Ankara in Turkey and as part of his formal Islamic training, he graduated from the Fat’h Islamic Law College in Damascus, graduating from the prestigious 6-year program with a distinction of merit, achieving overall first position in his year of graduation from the college.
In the summer of 2009, he co-founded the Solas Foundation, which focuses on offering quality and transparent religious consultancy in the areas of Islamic ethics and education. He is the author and educational director the iSyllabus Islamic studies program.
He is a regular panellist on shows such as BBC One’s “The Big Question”, BBC radio 4’s religious analysis programmes, and is a contributor to national Scottish newspapers and magazines. He is currently engaged in research into the effect of textual hermeneutics and environment on Islamic legal ethics, and is working on a study and translation of an early juristic text by the Spanish philosopher Averroes. He also serves as an advisor to various Muslim educational organisations in the United Kingdom and is actively involved in interfaith work, as well as wider social issues, lobbying on climate change and combating poverty.