SSO and ECW Professional Development
We have engaged both Heidi Rohrig, Deputy Principal, Linden Park PS and Mel Cooke, Access for Learning, for our first SSO/ECW professional development session for 2020 - Managing Challenging Behaviours.
Working from the 'protective practices for staff in their interactions with children and young people' document, Heidi will provide information regarding
- duty of care
- setting boundaries
- working 1:1 with young people
- your responsibilities when responding to and managing challenging behaviour [including appropriate physical contact]
Mel Cooke from Access for Learning will build on this information and focus on
- pro-active activities to use with students to prevent escalation
- signs to look for that indicate a child is escalating
- de-escalation strategies for adults to use to keep the child, themselves and others safe in a situation.
Tea, coffee and a light morning tea will be provided.
We look forward to seeing you there!