Staff Performance Appraisal : a critical measure of true performance
STAFF PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL : a measure of real and true performance
A two day workshop.
The aim of performance appraisals are a way to give feedback to staff regarding their performance. Appraisals can also be used to set measurable targets and objectives to continually spur performance improvement.
Benefits of the right performance appraisals
- increase role clarity
- training and development
- Compensation and reward
- Career planning
- Performance improvement strategies
Jointly set and agreed at the beginning of the performance period by both supervisor and staff.
- Performance accountability established and agreed
- Performance target and rate agreed for the next season
- Agreed on the approach i.e strategy and model for the job
- Improvement strategies or best practices are jointly decided
- Estimate the results or outputs and outcome based on simulations
- Agreed to any changes to the job description
- Any change on the company's budgets
- Link staff performance to the corporate goals
- Clearly show performance effort on a graphs
- Measure gaps between targets and actuals.
- Bench markings could be either internal or external
- Explain both positive and negative performance gaps
- Through root cause analysis, identify problems and issues
- Identiy solutions through best practices and innovations
- Recognition for positive performance
- In competency gaps, changes could training or non-training solutions
- Record performance trends
- Evaluate performance at various phases, inputs, process, output and outcome.