Supervisor Workshop - Employers & Supervisors of Apprentices & Trainees
FREE Apprentice + Trainee Supervisor Workshops - conducted by Training Services NSW
Dear Employers of Apprentices or Trainees,
How well equipped are you to train and supervise your apprentice or trainee?
Are you confident that you know how to get the most out your apprentice or trainee?
Have you had problems with workplace training in the past?
DATE AND TIME
Tuesday, 7th April 2020 9:30 am – 1:30 pm AEST
Training Services NSW - Department of Education
Level 13, 67 Albert Ave CHATSWOOD, NSW 2067
Morning tea will be provided
The Workshop program has been designed to assist workplace supervisors in their role of supporting NSW apprentices and trainees to successfully complete their training and gain a nationally recognised qualification.
The role of supervision in the workplace: Recent studies show that the main reasons given by learners in their decision to leave or stay with training arrangements are to do with:
- the extent to which their choice of apprenticeship or traineeship meets their expectations
- the extent to which the quality of the training received compensates for lower training wages
- the general workplace conditions and relationships
- the extent to which they feel supported as learners in the workplace
Effective supervision of apprentices and trainees leads to:
- more productive workplaces
- higher quality output and services
Outcomes from the workshops consist of:
- how to effectively supervise and “coach” apprentices & trainees
- the importance of effective communication in the workplace
- enhance skills and knowledge of workplace supervisors and/or employers
- what to expect from the training provider - arranging training that works for you and your business
- practical ideas to help address workplace bullying and harassment issues
- ensure safe work practices for apprentices or trainees, which impact on successful completion of apprenticeships and traineeships
- achieve higher completion rates for apprentices and trainees
- about Training Services NSW - who are we and how we support you and your apprentice/trainee
* Please note - Continuing Professional Development (CPD): if you are a Builder or swimming pool Builder, you may earn 1 point per hour (maximum of 4 points) towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as part of the NSW Fair Trading licence renewal process.
Organiser of the Apprentice + Trainee Supervisor Workshops
TRAINING SERVICES NSW - CENTRAL & NORTHERN SYDNEY
Parking is available at a number of Parking Stations around Chatswood or the Chatswood Train station is a walk across the memorial gardens.
Please note – places are limited for this workshop, so please ensure you register your interest as soon as possible. Fostering the development of productive relationships in the workplace between a supervisor and their apprentice or trainee is a vital step in achieving quality training outcomes and overall completion rates.
* Missed out this time - Workshops are held every month between March and November (except June) or we can also deliver at employer workplaces that have high numbers of Apprentices and Trainees.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Training Services NSW - Central & Northern Sydney Phone: 02 9242 1700.
* Recommended for all Employers of Apprentices and Trainees but especially those that are:
- New to Apprenticeships
- Employers of Under 18 or SBAT Apprentices and Trainees
- Have higher than average cancellation and withdrawal rates
- Involved in A+T monitoring and found to be lacking in knowledge re: to obligations or training plans
- Involved in a complaint or mediation process