Term 1 Kids Yoga
St Brigid's Primary School students are invited to spend an hour enjoying the fun of yoga! Over the term we will be exploring breathing techniques, stretches, poses and games in a small group within the newly refurbished library.
Kids yoga is about having fun and giving it a go. Students do not have to be superflexible or great at balancing to join in. There is something for everyone.
When: Friday afternoons in Term 1, 2020
Time: 3.:00 - 4:00pm
Where: St Brigid's Primary School Library. Parents are asked to wait outside until class is finished.
What to wear: Sports uniform or comfortable clothes (no skirts please).
What to bring: Water bottles. Yoga mats will be provided.
School bags can be left outside of the library during class or bought inside if preferred.
Cost: $60 for 6 classes in Term 1. Bookings are essential as space is limited.
Please note the following in relation to Yoga at St Brigid’s PS, Middle Swan:
- The Kids Yoga program is not directly associated with St Brigid’s Primary School or school staff. Any enquiries are to be made directly to Emma Chessell-Keevers.
- St Brigid’s Primary School staff members are not responsible for the students after 3:00pm.
- All students are to wear their normal school uniform and change after school in the senior student toilets, unless they already have their sport uniform on due to having a sport class during the day.
- Any children present with parents/carers, but not participating in the Yoga class, are not permitted to use school facilities (e.g. the playground) during the Yoga class. They are to wait with their parent/carer.
- Any children participating in the Yoga program are not permitted to use school facilities (e.g. the playground) during the Yoga lesson. They are to remain under Emma’s supervision.
Please contact me for more information.
I'm a mum of 2, one at St Brigid's Primary School and one at La Salle College. I have completed Level 1 and 2 Childrens Yoga Teacher Training and Youth Mentor Training.
Through yoga I want to help kids connect their mind and body to develop strength and flexibilty, appreciation of their mind and body, and confidence in being themselves.
I want to show kids ways to use their own powerful mind, body and breath to help them build coping stategies when things get tough.
Working with Children Check: 3286305, expiry: 21/8/2022